Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Nicky Gilburt - Best Witches from Tonic Studios


Here is a card that I made with the fabulous Witchy Bits dies from Tonic Studios Halloween Rococo range, they are such fun! 
All of the shapes are die-cut from black Craft Perfect card, but the real fun part came when I got my Nuvo Embellishment Mousses out, and added colour to each one. I used:

Gunmetal Grey
Indian Gold
Burnished Bronze

They really pick out the detail in the die-cutting and the embossing! Imagine what this card would look like if all the black was...just black?!


The frame of the card is from the Swirling Frame layering die set, I cut it out in black and added gold mousse to that too, in fact I added embellishment mousse wherever I could, I was having so much fun.

The spider, the web, and the Best Witches sentiment are all part of the fantastic Halloween collection too, you just have to have them all!!! Look closely and you'll see how I 'silvered' the spider's web, and 'bronzed' the spider too.

For the background in the frame I simply cut a layered frame panel in white and used my purple and black Distress Oxides to layer up a bit of colour and shade. There is even embellishment mousse on there too, I sponged through the Tonic Essentials Beautiful Bokeh stencil to add a bit of bling to the background. 

I'm totally in love with the Halloween collection, I'm looking forward to a bit of Halloween home decor next month! 

Happy crafting
Nicky x

2 comments: