Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Nicky Gilburt - Beautiful Brambles


Here is a card I made for the launch of Tonic Studios Beautiful Bramble Frames collection. Using the Emperor's Wreath, named after the beautiful butterfly that features, this die set also incorporates a fabulous rolled flower complete with stamens, which can be colored, then rolled up and you have a complete flower at your disposal.

Tonic fans will recognize the background dies and the dies behind the sentiment, the Victorian layering dies from just the other week, such a huge hit and so useful in the creation of bespoke card blanks and mats and layers.

Although there is a distinct autumnal theme to these dies, I decided to do something in pink and black, just because I love these colors of Craft Perfect card together.

I die-cut the wreath in black and glued it down onto my white matt. Then I used the three shades of green alcohol markers from my Nuvo creative pen set. I added light and shade around the wreath, then got my pinks out and colored in the butterfly and flowers with the cerise pen.

Then I re-cut just the butterfly section just in black and stuck it down over some spare pink. A top tip is to leave the antennae of the butterfly overhanging the edge of the card so you don't have to worry about chopping them off as you cut around!
Before sticking it down over the base butterfly I added a bit of color to the wings. 
You can also see here how I colored the stamens of my flowers with black Nuvo marker pen, a gentle touch on both sides, and they really stand out.

A final touch was a drop-shadowed sentiment from another recent collection, the Mini-Moments sentiment dies, and a few pink pearls to fill the corners.

I'm sure you'll agree it's a beautiful collection, I shall share my other samples and the different techniques used to make them, over the next few days.

Happy crafting!
Nicky x

1 comment: