Thursday, 31 August 2017

Tonic Studios Victorian Layered Dies - Nicky Gilburt

Today I'm sharing a card made with the brand new Victorian Layered die set, that has been available this week on Hochanda alongside the Easel Creator die set - a fabulous pairing with unlimited combinations, I'm not surprised it sold out immediately! I'm sure it will be available again very soon!

I actually made the card blank from one of the dies. It is possible to cut through a double layered card blank, and you can always neaten up with scissors, but using my trusty Tangerine I have always been successful on one or two passes. And creating your own card blank is immensely satisfying!


I used a beautiful piece of patterned paper from Craftwork Cards Woodland collection, which is just full of pretty flowers and makes a sweet background that doesn't detract from the die-cut detail on the card. 


Firstly I cut the paper to the size of the card, (but I didn't glue it down). I then selected a die for the gold layer and the lacy edged die for the white panel (that's my favourite!) I then selected the next two dies down to make a patterned frame on my layers, and used my die-cut patterned paper, cutting out centrally. If you're a frugal crafter, this is one way to use less paper, as no-one will see that your back layer has a hole in the middle! 


I glued all my layers together and then stamped and coloured in a gorgeous small flower arrangement from the Delicate Detail stamps.
I used Nuvo Gold embossing powder and Nuvo Aqua Flow pens, my colouring medium of choice!
I simply selected colours and painted lightly to match those in the papers. The best thing about Aqua Flows is that from the twelve colours available, I have not found a shade that I can't achieve through mixing them together and thinning with water. I love them! 


To finish, I die-cut the Many Thanks sentiment in gold, from the Tonic Essentials collection. 
Look out for all of the other samples and ideas from the design team over on Tonic Studios Official Live Chat and of course Pinterest and the prep team's own blogs. 

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting!
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment