Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Jennifer Kray - Book Box Tutorial

Hello and welcome to another quick and easy tutorial.

Today I'm super excited to share a book box with you that I constructed. 
I admit it, I like faffing. But I don't like overly complicated designs. You'd be surprised at how many cool and fun projects there are out there that are super easy to make. 
The finished project
Materials
Watercolour Paper 200gsm
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Liquid Pearls
Scoreboard
Bone Folder
Foam Pads

Book cover
1 piece of Tonic Studios Brown Kraft Card, 280gsm- 9.5" x 5.25" score on the long side at 4.25" and 5.25"
Faux Book pages frame

4 pieces of card stock (I used 200 gsm watercolour paper) - cut two pieces 4" x 6" and cut the other two 5" x 6". Score on the long side 1", 2", 3", 4", 5" then flip over and score 0.5", 1.5", 2.5", 3.5", 4.5". 5.5" to get clean crisp folds. 

Accordion fold all the score lines and ink up the edges you want more of a vintage look. 
For the construction of your faux book pages, weave the folds together using wet glue to adhere the top and bottom of each corner (just the top and bottom). 
To secure the book shut you can use velcro, magnets or add ribbon under your mat and layers if you're making this into a gift box. As my project was a diorama I decided it didn't need a secure closure. 
Now add your mat and layers to your project and then attach the faux pages and continue to decorate. I ended up with 6 layers inside which looks really cool up close. If you look closely you will see that I have inserted a mini LED light which is super neat! 


 All six layers inside the book
A view with the inserted LED light 
Another page of the book. 
The back cover
The front cover
The finished Book  - cool isn't it?
For the construction I used Tonic Studios Brown Kraft Card 280gsm for the book cover and watercolour paper for the faux pages. For the decoration, it had to be Craftwork Cards USB A Pocket Full of Papers, Botanical Garden,The Potting Shed Collection. To finish off the project perfectly, I added Tonic Studios Grand Gala Bunting to finish. 
Have a fabulous day today
Happy crafting! 

Lots of love and hugs
Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment