Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Lou Sims - Debutante Ball ...


This weekend on Hochanda, The Belle Boutique stamps made another reappearance as the Nuvo Creative pens were on a one day special. I though I'd share with you one of my samples made for the show ...



I decided to make the image (Debutante Ball) appear 'vintage' so tried to recreate sepia tones with my colouring. I began by stamping the image and very quickly, adding clear embossing powder. The hybrid inks dry quickly so you need to have all your supplies to hand.


I have mainly used the browns, pinks and skin colours, using the lighter pens to blend out the darker shades. I have kept to the same colours for the skin areas too. I began the layering by stamping on to a piece of vellum, (using the "It's your special Day" strip stamp), embossing with white. Next tearing the edges, I stuck it to one side of my tag card. 

   

With a complimentary paper and using the Dot and Drop Diamond corner, I added more detail. The lace trim would just not stay put, so I created a centre panel but this time I used the Dot & Drop Diamond Column. A few flowers and a die cut heart were the only embellishments I thought were needed as I want my image to be the focal point.

Thanks for popping over and I hope your week is relaxed and eventful in a positive way,

Lou
x x x 

Products:

No comments:

Post a Comment