Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Edna Taylor - All Smiles today


Good morning and welcome to the blog.

It's all about the smiles in the sample cards today.😃


Tonic products used -
Aquaflow markers - Azure blue, Fresh green, Aqua Splash
ATC die set - Smile
Black Diamond glimmer paste
Falling Diamonds stencil

I've used a standard DL card for the base and splattered the front with the aqua pens
The layering is also coloured with the aqua markers in azure blue and aqua splash
I cut the sentiment out of my piece of jet black Craft Perfect card stock, backed it with inked card stock and adhered the ATC onto the bottom section.
The diamonds were applied through the stencil using the glitter paste and the design stamped off the page. I used a stamp from my stash but you could equally well use the Modern Buttonhole flower stamp set.
The ATC was coloured using the aqua markers watered down and the card stock smooshed through the inks. I do love smooshing! 

Onto my second card.


Tonic products used - 
ATC Smile die set
Craft perfect - Cornflower blue, Amber yellow, Bright White
Simple Stripes embossing folder
Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops 

Method
I started with a yellow piece of card stock 4 5/8 x 6 5/8" that I embossed with the simple stripes folder and then rounded the corners.
I embossed a blue strip measuring 3 x 7" and then cut into two pieces, each 3 x 3", cut on the diagonal and then rounded the corners. This gave four sections to work with.
I embossed a white strip measuring 1 1/2 x 7", cut two pieces each 1 1/2" square and repeated the diagonal cut and corner rounding. 
The elements were placed as you can see - I was aiming for the iris on a camera look LOL 
I used some white grosgrain ribbon to finish this piece and adhered it to the card front.
I cut the Smile elements, layered them and 3D'd them to the embossed layers.
I finished off the card with some dandelion yellow Nuvo crystal drops. 

Thank you for joining me today.
Enjoy the sunshine! 












No comments:

Post a Comment