Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Edna Taylor - Delightful


 Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

I have been having a wee play with stamps old and new, watercolours and embossing.



I created the background using Tonic Nuvo Aqua Flow pens, Woodware stamps and the foreground with some old Hero Arts stamps I had in my stash. 

 I painted the stamps with the Aqua Flow markers and spritzed them with water before stamping onto the background. 

It needed a bit of bling so I scattered some Tonic Classic gold embossing powder on the front of the card, heated it from underneath and got the effect I was after. You can just about see the fine dusting of gold on the flowers as well as the bigger splashed here and there.
I stamped the sentiment stamp (Fiskars) onto a strip of acetate with onyx black Versafine ink and quickly added clear embossing powder to give a glossy sheen. I attached the vellum strip round the black layer and glued it to the back of the card. This avoids any adhesive being seen on the front through the vellum.
I finished the card with some Nuvo Crystal drops in Crushed Grape and matted the layers onto the front of a 6 x 6"card. 

I hope you are really enjoying the latest Tonic shows on Hochanda. 
I'm so disappointed that I couldn't take part in the prep for these because of my back but hopefully will be back soon with lots more samples to share.

Have a great day! 


1 comment: