Friday, 3 March 2017

Edna Taylor - Have a Blooming Marvellous Day


Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

Thank you for joining me today. Whilst having a bad back is never desirable and it means I'm not able to cut my dies for a while, it has given me the opportunity to have a wee play with colouring and stamping.

I've a new Gemini on order so I hope that will help me with the die cutting and take some of the strain off my back until I'm properly up and about again. 😃

My lovely hubby treated me to a couple of magazines yesterday and one was the Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 160 that had a very useful free gift of Hydrangea stamp, stencil and embossing folder with a couple of sentiments as well. 

It was lovely to see my teamie Claire's work in there too. You can see her beautiful cards using a sketch three ways on pp 48-49! 

Onto today's card.




I cut a piece of stamping card to 5 3/4 square and embossed down one side with the strip folder included in the free gift. I then stamped the hydrangea stamp with Memento Grey Flannel ink to give me a soft outline for colouring.
I've used my Tonic Nuvo Alcohol marker pens for the flower

Blues - 425, 427 and 429
Greens - 413, 417 (to achieve a mid green tone I touched the bullet nib of the lighter colour to the chisel nib of the darker shade and applied it to my image until the mid tone returned to the lighter shade).
Yellow - 405

I masked off the embossed section and using my Tonic Aqua flow marker Azure Blue I dropped a few drops of ink onto my glass mat, gave it a wee spritz with water and mixed it to slightly lighten the shade. I took a fine paint brush and loaded it with the ink and splattered it onto the rest of the piece of card. 
I cut a piece of white card stock to 5 7/8" square and applied the Azure Blue round the edges directly from the pen.
Once dry I assembled the layers (the green card stock is from Anna Marie).
I cut one more white layer at 6 1/4"square and matted them together.
The base card is a 7 x 7" from Anna Marie designs.
Finally I applied some Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze to the embossed strip to embellish and finish off my card. 




Have a blooming marvellous day! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Edna
    So delicate and lovely, I left you a comment on your blog x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer. :) x

      Delete