This step-by-step shows how I created the above card, it features the new Nuvo Sparkle Dust in colours Cinnamon Spice and Fresh Kiwi.
I absolutely loved working with these as they give you a consistent, subtle texture and beautiful shimmer instead of the harshness you normally get with a glitter.
1. I cut a large square piece of card and used my bone folder to score a line in the centre to create a base layer. I then cut a rusty orange piece of card to sit on top of this, 5mm smaller than the card base and a light green layer 5mm smaller than the orange piece. I matt and layered this onto the card base.
2. I die cut the Fallen Leaves Die from the Tonic Studios Autumn Die Collection twice, one to be used as background detail, and one to be featured and used with the glitter. I used spray mount to create a consistent glue area onto the item and added a generous amount of Sparkle Dust to the leaf, I used the rusty orange colour for the branch. Once I had finished with each colour I careful put it back into the pot, so not to waste it.
3. I die cut a panel for the background using white card. I then cut two of the Tonic Just to Say sentiment dies, one to be used as a shadow and one to feature the Sparkle Dust. Again, I used spray mount and dusted the fine glitter on top of it.
4. I cut one of Tonic’s circle pattern dies into the white panel to give it an extra detail. I also die cut a small circle to sit behind it, dusted it with sparkle dust and used glue to attach it to the card.
5. I die cut another leaf and sprinkled it with Sparkle Dust, then added some lovely gingham ribbon around the bottom and created a bow to compliment the card, I then added the leaf, once dry and secured it with string and a ribbon for a more shabby chic effect.
If you liked this post, please click follow…