Good Morning readers...
It's been another lovely week here, with a little rain but lots of warm and sunny weather. It definately helps to warm the cockles and get in the garden to do some work. The little pond now has a little gnome in residence (thanks to my daughter) so will keep the Froggie company. Haha.
Card wise today, I thought I would share a little card I made a few weeks ago using the Double Detail Jewelled Crown and Sew Pretty 2 dies. I kept it quite simple, just using creams and purples, complete with a little bit of shading and embossing.
Here's your How To...
- cut out your four corners using your Sew Pretty 2 dies, and then cut out the Jewelled Crown from your purple card.
- cut out a matt and layer using purple card cut to 7.25 inches square and cream card cut to 7 inches square. Use the outer edge (verso edge) of the frame to cut out a cream layer for underneath. Dust around the edge of this with Seedless Preserves distress inks.
- Emboss your cream card with an embossing folder and dust over edges with distress inks.
- Glue the base layers of your card together.
- With your frame, choose your sentiment and stamp into your frame onto the background.
- Using your Double Detail stencil to match, apply your mousse into the purple top frame layer. Leave to dry.
- Whilst your mousse is drying, attach your corner dies to the card as shown, crossing over the central sections.
- Glue the edges of your outer frame to the base stamped layer to create a little curve and dimension. Add to your card using 3D foam pads. Glue a bow to the top of the frame.
- Finish your card off with some Nuvo Drops to the Sew Pretty dies and also the frame.
This is a closer look to how the little frame will look when added to your card. You can see it only has a little dimension, but it looks better than being completely flat I think.
On the photo below, you can see the dimension of the Mousse on the card, it adds that finishing touch and a little bit of sparkle, which is what we all need on our cards!
I hope you like today's card. I enjoyed making it, it was something different but came together just as I had imagined.
For those who would like it, here is your Shopping List.
Tonic Studios Sew Pretty Twisted Ivy 1221E
Tonic Studios Double Detail Jewelled Crown die set 1143E
Tonic Studios Double Detail Jewelled Crown stencil 1147E
Tonic Studios Nuvo embellishment mousse - Cosmic Brown 810N
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal drops - Copper Penny 654N
Heart Lattice embossing folder
Tim Holtz distress ink - Seedless Preserves