Thursday, 14 April 2016

A little Double Detail.... - Jo Austin

Good morning all.... 


I am finally able to get back on the computer before my morning starts and show you a little creation I did for the Tonic Double Detail shows that were on this week. 

Firstly though... how have you been? I know it's been a while and I apologise, but with it being show season, we have been busy doing the workshops and the last one - ExCel - was last week. I also had a couple of shows on at Feltham in London doing the USA Create and Craft, so haven't really had a chance to get the cards up. 

ExCel was brilliant. Both Pam and I had a lovely time and we had lots of fantastic crafters and non crafters come along to create a card with our Tonic products. I will show these later. 

So.... onto the card for today, and here it is in all its glory... 


I decided to add some pretty patterned paper to this one. I had die cut the centre image using the Poppy Hideaway but decided to use my Nuvo pens to colour it instead of stencil it. It just gives it a completely different look which I love. 

I also used the outside edge of the die (it comes in two pieces - VERSO edge) to cut a black layer for the background, keeping it nice and simple but making the colours pop. 


I used the Entwining trellis dies to create the flowers at the sides, a mixture of two different ones, and added Nuvo drops to the centres. The little leaves were cut from the Floral Faerie die set and placed under the blooms where I needed them. 

The Poppy panel itself was layered onto white, orange and black cardstock, and then mounted onto the base of the card. There was a little bit of matting and layering to the base card too, all to add a little bit of colour around the central panel. I just cut these to size so they 'looked right' so they aren't a specific size. 

I hope you like the card today. I loved creating this one ... something a little different... but alot more me! 

Until next time! xxx

Shopping List

Double Detail - Poppy Hideaway Die Set - 1141e
Tonic Double Detail Floral Faerie die set - 1144e
Tonic Bellus Buttercup Entwining Trellis die set - 767e
Tonic Delicate Daisy Entwining Trellis die set - 768e
Tonic Apple Green Nuvo drops - 669n
Tonic Ebony Black Nuvo drops - 650n
Tonic Nuvo pens - various colours

Jo x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    What a beautiful vibrant card, love what you have done x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Loved making this one. Xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo
    My goodness girl you have been working hard
    Love the card - very vibrant
    I'm loving being in Dorset but not liking the fact that working means I'm not getting much time for crafting ( I'm doing more hours now )
    But as Robbie says the extra money means I can but more Tonic goodies to add to my ever growing stash
    Take care of yourself Hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetheart. Hope you and Robbie are keeping well. Don't forget to allow crafting time too -it's essential.

      See you soon xxxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete