Thursday, 4 February 2016

Cotswold MDF Unit - Edna

 Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

I have a super new MDF unit to share with you that is being launched at 3.00pm on Create & Craft today.
It's called the Cotswold and is perfect for storing and displaying your Nuvo glitters, embossing powders and Crystal drops.
Not only that of course as you can use it for all manner of displays - perfumes, make up, herbs and spices in your kitchen, on your desk or for all those little jars and trinkets we all collect. 

Don't forget to check out the inspiration on Tonic Gold and the Tonic FB page you will find the links to these on the Tonic Blog page.


To decorate the unit I used Tonic's Nuvo Acrylic in Mushroom together with the gorgeous rub-ons called Parisian Transfers that were launched last year with the Forever Moments range of MDF . If you bought them at that time I'm sure you still have some left to play with. :) I finished off the unit with Forever Moments Gilding Blush in Silver and then went over the whole piece with the Forever Moments matt adhesive to seal it.

The top pic has been taken by the talented and expert Kate from Tonic, the next one by me late at night with the help of my daylight lamp. LOL

I've teamed up the painted surfaces with papers called 'The Formal Affair' by DCWV.
These toned in perfectly with the mushroom paint and also had beautiful silver patterns that I've tried to catch on the photo. I wanted a paper that would tie the paint and gilding wax colours together and I was aiming for a fairly neutral  base to allow the glitter pots and Crystal drops to pop once they were stored in the unit.



Thank you for joining me today.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment