Thursday, 22 October 2015

Gold and Black Duo - Edna

Hello, good morning. Welcome to the blog today.
I have two versions of this gorgeous die and stencil set to share with you today.

I've chosen the Decorative Daffodil  set and I've made two cards with similar colour themes but totally different outcomes. :)


Other Tonic Products used - Jasmine Dream Idyllics embossing folder
Lych Gate Strip die for edge of black card
Gold Embossing powder
Bright gold and Ebony Nuvo Crystal drops
Happy Birthday Swirl 


The card is an A5, the black mat was cut to 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" and the edge was cut 5/8" from one long side.
I then die cut the decorative die leaving the detail in the card stock.
Leaving the die in place, I inked through with Versamark ink then applied the gold emb. powder which I then heat embossed. The detail is striking and really brings out the beautiful design.
The embossed panel measures 3 1/8" x 8 1/8". 
I used antique gold card stock as my base and for this embossed panel. 
I die cut the greeting in gold and black and shadowed it for some dimension. 
I then added the Crystal drops and an organza bow with a gold dazzler to finish. 


 My second card uses the same colour theme with the addition of a white card base and stencilled panel.


Tonic Products used - Decorative Daffodil die and stencil set
Wild Briar topper die
Tonic printed sentiment
Bright gold Crystal drops
Gold embossing powder
Essentials monochrome and Metallic gloss Mirror card pack 


This card measures 6 3/4" x 8 1/4"
The front panel is 4 1/2" wide 
I prepared the decorative panel as before but cut narrow panels on each side, matted it onto gold mirror card and used it as my border on the inside of my card. 
The white panel was stencilled with gathered twigs distress ink using the complementary stencil from the die set. It was matted and layered onto black and gold card stock and adhered to the front panel of the card.
The sentiment was placed in the topper die and 3D'd to the panel.
I finished the card with a multi bow of gold organza and ivory satin ribbons with a gold dazzler to complete it.

I hope you have enjoyed these two variations today and I hope they give you a little inspiration too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment