Friday, 23 October 2015

Bluebell Meadow Duo - Edna

Hello and welcome to the blog today.

I have two cards to share today using the beautiful Double Detail die and stencil sets.


Tonic Products used -
Bluebell Meadown Die and Stencil Set
Memento - A Gift of Love 
Idyllics Garland Fancy embossing folder
Large Art Nouveau oval die set
Rococo Butterfly
Essentials Magnificent Magenta and Monochrome card stock
Clear Embossing powder
Ebony black Crystal Drops
Charcoal Pure Sheen glitter

Other products - Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Dried Marigold

I die cut and embossed the decorative strip. The embossing helps when you are adding inks etc. through the die or stencil as it gives you a raised surface to work on.
I applied the various inks through the die to add a bit of interest.
I inked the strip through the die with Versamark ink added clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. It gave the coloured areas a lovely glossy finish. 



I used the oval dies to form a frame for the Rococo butterfly and cut two Bluebell panels into the card to form the decorative borders.
I inked the butterfly through the die and repeated with the Versamark and heat embossed it with clear ep. to echo the front of the card. 
I finished off the card with an organza double bow and a charcoal glittered dazzler. 



 My second card is a large gatefold.
It measures 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" finished.


Tonic Products used - Bluebell Meadow Die and Stencil Set
Oval Layering dies
'It's your big day' Chalkboard sentiment die and stamp set
Magnificent Magenta Essentials card stock
Delicate Lattice punch
Crushed grape Crystal drops

Other products used - Dusty Concorde distress ink

I made the front panels first and cut the decorative die strip, I then punched the delicate lattice edge and backed it with the Essentials card stock.
I adhered the panels to the back of the card and prepared the insert.


I picked out some of the butterflies from the stencil to form the background and then inked the full strip for a border inside the card. 
To complete the card I added the stamped greeting layered onto the oval dies and some crushed grape crystal drops.

I hope you have enjoyed these two variations today and that they give you a little inspiration as you wait for your die sets to arrive. 

Thank you for joining me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment