Saturday, 12 September 2015

Christmas Peace

Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

I'm continuing with the cards I made for the Tonic Weekender launch that features the Clarice Initials and Lowercase alphabet die sets.
I've used the Initials for my card today.

Tonic - Clarice Initials
Decorative underline dies from the Lowercase alphabet set
Rococo Wreath die
Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops 


A sideways view to show the layers
I've die cut the decorative pieces four times each from gold mirror and black card stock to form a frame.
The wreath has also been cut twice and each element has been shadowed for added depth. I've raised the wreath onto 3D foam to add even more dimension.



A close up of the detail. Red berry drops have been added to the wreath.


I cut the initials from gold mirror and red card stock and once again shadowed them for more impact. The negative piece from the letter P was inserted back into the die and really helps it to stand out. 

I kept the card very simple but it still has an element of elegance just letting the colours and embellishments do the work. The base card measures 6.5 x 7" to give you an idea of scale. 

This set of dies has been a pleasure to work with and I'm absolutely sure you will have a zillion more ideas of ways to use it.
Check out Tonic Gold, Tonic's FB page and the Tonic blog for more inspiration.

Thank you for joining me today.



1 comment:

  1. Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. See the link below for more info.


    #pleasure
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete