Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Reach for the stars - Edna

Hello and welcome to the blog today.

I have another card using the beautiful ribbon and bows strip die and a little gift box to share today.


I wanted the colours to be dramatic with this one so I went black and white with a pop of bright yellow.
The die is cut into a piece of card stock, backed with yellow and matted onto the main card.
Before sticking it in place I threaded thin black ribbon through the slots and attached the ends neatly to the back. 
I've used Tonic - Ribbon and Bows strip die
Reach for the Stars frame die set
Memento Gift of Love frames
Ebony Crystal drops
The star border comes with the die set and makes a lovely border strip when used by itself.
As with the other dies in this collection apart from one or two elements it isn't overtly Christmas and could be used all year through.

My box is a single height one this time. 

The box die is cut twice (from one sheet of A4) and joined with little tabs at the sides.
Both the bottom and the top fold into themselves and self close. 


I've decorated the side panels and the top panels with dies from the collection. There are so many to choose from that you needn't make the same box twice. :) 
I added two little butterflies from the Purple Empress die set to finish with a few Nuvo Crystal drops in Crushed Grape as embellishments.

Thank you for joining me today. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment