Tuesday, 19 May 2015

If Friends Were Flowers.... - Edna

Good morning and welcome to the blog today.
May I just say a great big hello to all my new followers. Thank you so much for joining me and I hope you find something to interest you and inspire you on the way. :) 

I'm using the latest Tonic Studios Fairy dies for my card today with a colour combo I just love - white, aqua and peach. 
The card is 7 3/4" square to give you an idea of the sizes of the dies.


Tonic - Rhoslyn Fairy Rococo die
Bluebell butterfly Petite Rococo
Deco Oval Trellis
Sentiment from the Frame dies - If Friends Were Flowers
Entwining Trellis Bellus Buttercup
Flower cluster from the Lily Fairy Rococo die
Diamond Glitter
Crystal drops - Neptune

I cut the mats to size then used the Deco Oval trellis dies to make an aperture and to embellish the edges.
I've cut the edges out of the die so that only half the pattern was cut. I think they give a very decorative finish.


Close up of the flower detail. I've added some Nuvo Pure Sheen diamond glitter to the flower petals for a bit of bling!

You can find lots of inspiration on the Tonic Blog, Tonic Gold and Tonic FB page.
Have fun with your dies!

'Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Saw Jodie making this one, couldn't figure out how the layers were cut.....now I have seen it in writing it makes sense!!!
    Beautiful card

    Thanks for the inspiration Edna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. Have fun with your new dies. x Edna

      Delete
    2. Thank you Carol. Have fun with your new dies. x Edna

      Delete
  2. Hi Edna, thank you for this, like Carol watched it being made, so now have details can try to have a go, I actually love the colours as well, so different. Keep up the good work, which is always lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne for your encouragement. Enjoy your new dies. :) x Edna

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lynne for your encouragement. Enjoy your new dies. :) x Edna

      Delete