Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Art Nouveau Duo - Edna

I have two very different cards to share today using the beautiful Art Nouveau Collectable die set.
I've kept the colour combo on the first card very muted with white, grey and a touch of silver to highlight the beautiful border and frame the sentiment. 


Tonic - Art Nouveau Collectables die set
Martha Embossing folder
Oval layering dies
Crystal drops - Silver lining
Tonic sentiment topper

Art Nouveau practitioners sought to revive good workmanship, raise the status of craft and produce genuinely original design. One of the foremost of these artists was Alphonse Mucha. His images are immediately recognisable and I've used one for my second card today. 


Tonic - Art Nouveau collectables die set
Image and backing paper from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD.
Crystal drops - Bright gold 


I've cut the large border into the cream card base  and overlaid the same design cut out of gold card on top. I've used the patterned paper as an insert showing the design through the cut out in the card.
I love the versatility of these dies and the wonderful stylistic look of the designs.
A change of colour and the card can look entirely different each time.
I hope you have fun using yours. :)

Thank you for joining me today.
Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment