Thursday, 30 April 2015

A Little Ping of Colour! - Edna

Welcome to the blog.
I haven't left the country, just a bit busy behind the scenes. :) 

Our decoration is done and the hall, stairs and landing look much brighter and fresher. I've still to organise the carpet and the door curtain but the blinds are on order and hopefully will be ready soon so that we can have our privacy back.

Onto today's card.
I've used a zingy lime green for this one today and the beautiful Clarence Shutter die set from Tonic Studios.


Tonic - Clarence Shutter die set
Delicate Drape Idyllics die set for the sentiments
Rococo Petite Butterfly die
Crystal drops - Pearl white



I die cut six panels into the card and back them with the lime green - it provides a pop of colour but also gives the card stability when open.
The centre panel has been embossed using the Amelia embossing folder and inked round the edges with black.
I've decoupaged the butterfly in the centre and used the little flower at the top of the die to decorate the other inside panels. I've added some pearl drops to finish.
A nice straightforward card to make that is suitable for lots of occasions. 

Thank you for joining me today.
Have a good one! 

7 comments:

  1. Love the lime green colour you have used. Can I ask what weight of card you have used for the card base. I have this die and my cards I have made keep falling forwards or backwards.
    Thank you for your help
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comments. Lesley I mostly use Paper mill card stock for my samples. It is approx. 255gsm. If I have cut out lots of panels I always back them with similar weight card stock to keep them stable. I hope this helps. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struggling to get this card completed as the folds on the packaging don't make a shape you could use your picture makes much more sense. Am I reading the folds wrongly but the central diamond sticks out and as it is you couldn't get it in an envelope. Can you help ?
    Carolyn 😕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn. Sorry you seem to be having difficulty with this one but the picture on the packaging is what I've followed for this card. I've folded the first section as a mountain fold and the next as a valley fold. Skip the centre of the card and fold the other two sections as mountain and then a valley fold. I think you might have also folded the centre line but I'm just guessing here? For this one just fold the outer two sections and leave the centre unscored. I hope this answers your query. If not, leave a comment and I'll try to help you get sorted. :) x Edna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Gorgeous card. Can you tell me which the butterfly with flower die is please? Can't find it anywhere. Has it been released yet?

    ReplyDelete