Tuesday, 31 March 2015

To my little star - Edna

 Hi and welcome to the blog today.
I've a couple of childrens' cards to share today using the fab Star Layering die set from Tonic and some zingy colours of card stock.


The finished card measures 5 3/4" x 7"
I've kept this one bright, simple and fun.
I've used a tangy orange colour for the backing layer and 3D'd the decorated panel onto it.
I cut the star shapes out of the white layer and backed them with yellow, blue and orange card stock.
I cut three frames in the same colours but added them to different coloured stars.
I then cut three separate stars in different sizes and 3D'd them into the apertures alternating the colours once again.
I cut two plain white stars and 3D'd each layer for some dimension and placed the wording from the 'To my little star' die set as my sentiment.
Finally I added a few tiny stars from the same die set to finish.


The white layer has a border of pin pricks on the edge.
The final effect gives interest and dimension and is a lot of fun to do.

My second card using more of the lovely Tonic dies


Tonic - To My little star sentiment die set
Stamping Up 'In the stars' for the centre star sentiment



I've made a frame for the centre star using the layering dies and acetate.
The centre star is 3D'd onto the acetate and hangs from the red ribbon to give movement. 

I hope you enjoyed these today.

There are so many variations with these dies. They would look amazing all layered on top of each other as well. 

Thank you for joining me today.
Have a super day!


No comments:

Post a Comment