Thursday, 19 March 2015

One Day Wonder - Star layering dies - A couple of starry cards from Mandy


Hi everyone.  It’s a very exciting week with Tonic Studios launching new layering dies on Create and Craft today, Thursday 19th March as a One Day Wonder event and three gorgeous new strip dies….something a little different in this bundle!  
For my first projects, I have used the Star Layering Die Set.  

Star Layered Card….
I cut six 6” x 6” squares of coloured card and one 6 1/2” square.  Starting with the largest star die, I placed it into the centre of the square to create an aperture.  Using this first cut piece as a guide to centre the next size down, I continued to cut each of the smaller squares.  Then I glued these layers together and then cut the smallest star into the 6 1/2” piece of card and glued all pieces to card blank. 
To finish the card I cut a sentiment out and the word ‘son’, some extra small stars and added Crystal drops.



Daughter Star Card….

I wanted to create a card for a teenage (or inbetweenager!) and thought the stars would be great for this.  I used the stars that were cut from the first project and ran them through various embossing folders.  No waste!
I started with a 7” x 7” card blank. I then stamped a piece of red card cut at 6 1/2” x 6 1/2” and added to card front.  The image is from Indigoblu’s new range of stamps designed by Kay Halliwell-Sutton which was coloured using alcohol pens. 
The stars were attached across front of card and the word ‘daughter’ was cut twice and offset to give shadow effect.. I used 3D foam to adhere the word and the stamped image.  To finish I added some pearls.


What Was Used
Tonic Studios Star Layering Die Set – 528E
Tonic Studios Family Members Die Set 2 – 607E
Tonic Studios Reach for the Stars Frame Sentiment Set – 27E
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops – Wedgewood Blue – 660N
Indigoblu Stamps – Lost in Thought – IND0132PC
Paperartsy Mini Stamp – MN72
Archival Ink Black/Alcohol Pens

Please tune in to Create and Craft TV Today for lots of inspiration, hints and tips with the lovely Jo Austin. Shows are at 2, 4, 7 and 9pm.



I hope you have been inspired.
Thanks
for
Popping By


See Mandy's original post on her blog here


No comments:

Post a Comment