Thursday, 26 March 2015

Forever Moments - Tivoli MDF Unit - a little vintage style shelf unit from Doda


Don't miss out...the One Time Only Deal on Create and Craft TV starts today (at 3pm) and continues for the next couple of days. It will be featuring (among other wonderful goodies), the Forever Moments MDF furniture that you can customize to your hearts content. 

This particular unit is called the Tivoli unit which you can also make up with 4 rows plus 24 mini drawers. This time I opted to leave out a couple of shelves and make it up as a little shelf unit to store some of my craft supplies. It's the perfect size! (BTW, I've kept the shelves and am going to use them to make name plaques for two little girls I know)

I love collecting vintage ephemera to use for craft projects. The paper |I used to decorate this unit is taken from a 1936 Hobbies catalogue that belonged to my great grandfather. It wasn't in mint condition so I didn't feel too bad cutting it up for this, and now I can enjoy looking at it on my craft desk. Hobbies  are still very much on the go and have been trading since 1895.  

There are so many ways to decorate these little units...I hope this has inspired you.

have a lovely day, and enjoy the show.

See my original post on my blog here. 



1 comment:

  1. I've got two of these to make up, so looking forward to doing them, but I need some paint to decorate them. I bought a set of shelves (two rows) for my distress inks, and was hoping for another one to be on the show, but it's a larger on (3 rows) now I wish I had that instead. Hey Ho!

    ReplyDelete