Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Collectables - Art Nouveau - a little frame from Mandy


Hi Everyone
At last it’s looking a lot like Spring outside….thankfully, but it is still chilly!
I haven’t been around much over the past three weeks as I have had my gallbladder removed but I am starting to come back to my crafting now. I have managed a little project for you today just in time for Mother’s Day.

I took a blank MDF frame kit from my stash and covered it using a printed paper from Crafters Companion Halcyon Days CD.  I also printed the bird topper onto white velvet paper, attached some light wadding to the rear and then stitched edges and the bird.  This was glued into the centre well. 




Next I die cut four corners, the sentiment and three borders using the Tonic Studios Art Nouveau Set which I love!  Two of the borders were trimmed down to fit the shorter sides.  All elements were glued into position using the Nuvo Glue Pen – so handy and it sticks well too.
I hope you like this quick and easy gift idea. You could always use Tonic Studios Forever moments frames for this project.

What Was Used
Tonic Studios Art Nouveau Collectables Die Set – 182E
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glue Pen Medium – 203N
Crafters Companion Halcyon Days CD
White Velvet Paper
Light Wadding
Mini Sewing Machine


I hope you have been inspired.
Thanks
for
Popping By


See Mandy's original post on her blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Missed you, as I pop in every day to see if you have posted again, even though I don't post a comment every time. Hope you are well on the way to recovery now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,
    So sorry you have not been well but good to know you are on the mend, this is a very pretty card, love the arrangement x x x

    ReplyDelete