Friday, 13 March 2015

Collectables - Art Deco - a masculine card from Edna


Good morning and welcome to the blog today. I thought I would bring a little bit of colour into today's card and I've used this black, teal and gold combination for a change.

Tonic - Collectables - Art Deco 
Sentiment - Garland Fancy Idyllics die set
Hunkydory black card
Papermill Teal card
Crystal drops - Neptune

I cut the centre diamond motif and backed it onto the black card stock.
I then cut four of the accent strips and trimmed off the ends.
I placed these round the diamond shape with re-positional glue onto a piece of the teal card stock.
I then cut the large diamond shape using my Perfect Layers ruler for accurate spacing and when I was happy that I'd got it right, I glued the strips into place with permanent glue. I added the fleur de lys shapes as decoration and finished with crystal drops.


I finished off the insert with matching card stock and an element cut from the large corner die from the Art Deco set. 

I think this makes an ideal masculine card.

Thank you for joining me today. 
Have a good day!


See Edna's original post on her blog here.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice card Edna, I especially like the way you have finished your card with a toning insert x x x

    ReplyDelete