Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Pick of the day - Entwining Trellis - Pride and Prejudice - a card from Karen


Hello. Today I have chosen to show you one of my favourite cards that I made out of the Entwining Trellis release.  When I had the idea for this card I knew that I wanted to have a book page from Pride and Prejudice as my backing paper and also to cut my flowers out of and thought I would find one to print out online but after spending the best part of a morning searching I realised it was easier to sacrifice my copy which I've had for years, granted, it wasn't a first edition or anything, just a scruffy old paperback that had lovingly been and reread over and over, I have to admit to being a little saddened saying goodbye to my favourite book, I must remember to get myself another copy .

I made an 8" x 8" card blank buy trimming down a couple of A4 sheets of cream card and sticking them together.  I trimmed down my book page slightly and layered onto black card before cutting the cameo out of the Ascot Pillbox Millinery die set, two corners from the Emily Frame die set and the for you out of the Pillowbox die set.

You can see a few more details on how I made this card over at my blog. 

I hope you like the card and you will tune in to the shows today on Ideal World and Create and Craft TV to watch the launch of this beautiful set of dies. The tv schedule is available here.



3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Karen, I can't wait for my dies to be delivered xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carole, you're going to love them x

      Delete
  2. A classy looking card Karen, love the monochrome look x x x

    ReplyDelete