Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Pick of the Day - Entwining Trellis - a flower wreath card from Edna


Hello and welcome to the blog today.
It's time for another fab launch from Tonic Studios and you are just going to love the dies, I know I do! (Launch show is tonight at 9pm on Ideal World)

I have a card today that shows flowers from each of the new die sets and I really love this one.

Tonic - Bellus Buttercup
Plush Peony
Radiant Roselily
Delicate Daisy
Vintage Felt - Creative Expressions
Leaves from Flora Frame topper die
Sentiment topper from Tonic
Dotty organza ribbon from stash
Fine black stamens from stash



A sideways view to show the dimension created by the flowers

I cut two rings from buff card stock using the Tonic circle layering dies and glued them together to add a strong base for the wreath. I inked round it with gathered twigs distress ink and then went to town on the flowers. :)
I've tried throughout the samples I've made not to use anything but the dies provided so that you can see just how versatile and interchangeable they can be but I did pop in a few fine stamens on this one.
I found the tiny daisy die in the Delicate daisy set to be invaluable for flower centres and I think it features in practically all of my samples. :) 

I hope you enjoy this one today as much I as I enjoyed making it.

Have a great day and thank you for joining me.



See Edna's original post on her blog here. 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card design Edna, your cards are always lovely x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull, i can smell the spring although we have had a snowstorm yesterday in vienna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats beautiful Edna, can't wait for tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. A fabulous use of the flower dies that are included in the die sets. Tonic have done it again and are ever thoughtful to what the crafter needs from a new die.
    Lovely Edna. x

    ReplyDelete