Thursday, 5 February 2015

Nuvo One Day Wonder - How I used Nuvo Pure sheen glitter to make my own custom glitter card - an idea from Doda


Goodmorning. Firstly, don't forget to watch Jodie on Create and Craft TV today for some very sparkly shows at  11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm.

Glitter card is lovely to use...die cuts sparkle and bring a special touch to a card, but I can never find the colour that I want, when I need it. Solution - I made my own glitter card using Tonics gorgeous new range of Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitters.

Tonic have brought out some wonderful glue pens, and they are fabulous for adding details to your cards as you can be very precise with your application. However in this case, I didn't need precise.

I always keep a jar of watered down Tonic tacky glue handy. Proportions are about half half water to glue.  I use it when I make mini books and do decoupage. This time I used it to make glitter card. I worked on pieces of card approximately 1/3 of an A4 size so that I was not overwhelmed with glitter. I coated the card evenly with glue using  my"Digit -al" glue spreader (aka my finger) but you could use a brush if you want to. Make sure it is an even thin coat of glue. Then I sprinkled the glitter on, and tapped off the excess and left it to dry. The glitter sticks really well to the card - make sure you leave it long enough to dry out...at least an hour and a half I would say...but even longer would be better.


As you can see, I don't bother going right to the edges with my glue so as I have something to hold onto when I am tapping off the excess. You now have your very own homemade glitter card which you can use just like any other glitter card. It die cuts beautifully and this now means you can create very detailed glittered die cuts. You can even mix your colours as I did for my butterfly necklace and dragonfly box in my previous post. Remember you have to work quick and clean up each colour after using so that you don't end up with a big mixed coloured mess to clean up.

I admit,I did get a bit glittery in the process...but it does brush off ! I used a small brush to dust off glitter from my dies after using. It comes off easily.  It's not as tricky as you think...and the results are beautiful.

Let me know if you try it.


see my original post on my blog here. 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Doda, I love it. Do you think the pure matt adhesive could do this as well, that's what I used on the glasses? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to be trying that next. Quite probably ! :-)

      Delete
    2. I've done the same Doda but used the large pen as my adhesive. Love it all polished up. Beautiful results and wonderful effects. :) x

      Delete
    3. I've done it with the pen too. It is a pretty effect isn't it ! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely idea Doda, love the effect x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer. Always lovely to get your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete