Sunday, 22 February 2015

Just because - Radiant Roselily card from Edna


Hello. It's lovely to have your company. I hope you are enjoying this series of cards and find something to inspire and interest you.

Today's card uses one of my favourite techniques - brayering. I love the effects you can achieve with a simple roller and some ink.

I started my crafty life with inky, messy techniques and every so often I like to revisit them and have a really good play. I've used the Kaleidocolor Riviera ink pad as my background and vellum for the flowers.

Tonic - Radiant Roselily die set
Just Because sentiment die set
Dotty border edge punch
Pure Sheen Aqua glitter
Crystal Drops - Neptune



I used one of the edge dies to cut the header shape and then die cut the decorative die from a sheet of brayered card stock. The vellum flowers were cut, glued together and then glittered. The glue causes the vellum to curl and gives a lovely dimension to the flowers
The border was punched from some left over brayered card stock and I then cut a plain navy strip to back it for a bit of contrast.

The flower in the centre of the card was cut from card stock and shaped using the Tonic Floral shaping kit. The leaves are the largest of the flower shapes cut in half and attached to the main flower.

There is just so much you can do with these dies that the mind boggles! I hope you try all sorts of materials with yours. The Tonic team would love to see what you make. Pop onto the Tonic FB page and share your creations. :)

Thank you for stopping by today. Have a good one!


See Edna's original post on her blog here.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colors, idea and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I wanted this set, but it sold out as an individual one before I could get to it, and I couldn't afford the whole bundle. Never mind, if I wait a couple of months, I'll perhaps be able to get it once the exclusivity runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Edna, love! love! love your chosen colours, what a great way of using up brayered card x x x

    ReplyDelete