Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Verona Unit aka Treasure Chest - an idea from Edna


 Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

I've managed to get a few spare minutes to take some pics of my pre-Christmas project - a Tonic Studios Verona MDF unit. 
I so wanted to make one for my bedroom and I knew the papers I wanted to use. 
Thankfully I had just enough of them left to complete the project.


Verona Unit from Tonic
Papers - Tilda 'Frosted Bluegreen'
Forever Moments gilding Blush - Old Gold; Mini ring handles; Pure Adhesive Matt
Gathered twigs distress ink
Hearty Clay
Katy Sue Bow Trio mould
Nuvo Gold Paint

A sideways view

Its home on my dresser.

I decided to call it my treasure chest. I used to have a box that I put all sorts of things into that brought back happy memories so that when I felt a bit down I could go to it and remind myself of what was important in my life.
It's full to the brim so now it's my new unit's turn to be filled with those little things that really are the big things.
The little Peter Rabbit ornament is one of those and is very special to me - it has the added bonus of matching the colour scheme too! :) 

Have a great day!


see Edna's original post on her blog here.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated, I just wish I could find someone who would ship a kit to Ireland for a reasonable price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Edna, your Verona unit is very beautiful. I love the papers that you have used, it matches your room beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous project Edna, looks perfect on your dresser, stunning x x x

    ReplyDelete