Wednesday, 14 January 2015

CHA launch - the Lyon - seed drawers - an idea from Doda

Here is another Lyon drawer unit which I decorated. This time I have made a little seed cabinet utilising real wood veneer for the drawer fronts and backing for the "seeds" label. I also added 4 wooden drawer pulls to become little feet for the unit. It makes it look quite different don't you think? The drawer pulls are the library handles from Tonic which allow you to place a little label behind them. They are lovely. So vintage looking.
The Seeds lettering is cut wth Tonic's Pretoria alphabet dies into Tomato paste tube. I found the vintage seed packet labels and other graphics on the internet. Try the Graphic Fairy. She has an excellent selection of images that I am sure will inspire you. 
I lined the drawers with botanical style papers in keeping with my design.

And of course, I decorated all the sides and the back of the unit too. Just because !

Have you purchased the Lyon unit? We'd love to see your creations over on our Facebook page.
Hope you are having a lovely day.

Jodie is on Create and Craft tv today at  3 and 7pm.



See my original post on my blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment