Friday, 16 January 2015

Cameo creatives and cameo papers - an upcycled pencil pot and covered pencils - an idea from Doda


Since we moved house back in October last year, I held on to quite a number of empty packing tape reels in order to upcycle them at some point in the future.(You may remember my little gift box from here.)

I had a couple of reels sitting on my desk along with a tube of the glue leftover from making up one of the MDF units, and it dawned on me that the glue would be strong enough to glue two of the reels together to make a pencil pot. It worked really well. It turned out to be a very sturdy little pot.  I laminated several layers of card together cut with Tonic's scalloped circles layering dies to create the bottom of the pot, and then using Tonic's glue stuck it all together. The pot has been covered with Tonics lovely new papers and decorated using the cameo creative strip dies.

The pencils were also wrapped with Tonic papers to match the pot. It's a bit of a fiddle covering pencils, but worth persevering as it will make a nice gift item. I decided to glitz up the whole lot by covering in a glitter Mod Podge...it looks quite sparkly in real life!

Don't forget to catch Jodie at 6 and 10pm tonight on Create and Craft tv.




2 comments:

  1. brilliant, I used a bisto granule tub and decorated it with paper and ribbon from my stash and put colouring pencils in as part of a Christmas gift for the little girl next door x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Olive - I am sure she was delighted :-)

      Delete