Thursday, 11 December 2014

A little keepsake album - an idea from Doda

Here's what is inside the cute little oval gift box I made. It's a sweet little album featuring beautiful old photographs of Victorian ladies.
It can be opened up in the box...

...or taken out the box completely. It was hard to show you how long it is, I have 16 photographs and two quotes, so that's 18 ovals altogether. The smaller aperture for the pictures was cut with a small oval die from the idyllics embossing folder and die, Jasmine Dream set that was released a while ago.
"Be Yourself, an original is worth more than a copy", is my quote for the beginning of the album.

I would love to know their stories, wouldn't you? If only photographs could speak.



You could use this idea to make a little baby album, or a romantic mini wedding album, or fill it with meaningful uplifting quotes as a special gift.

I hope this has given you some ideas.



See my original post on my blog here.


6 comments:

  1. So worth the wait Doda. Gorgeous idea and beautifully done. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, a vintage kind of look which I absolutely love, thanks for sharing Doda.
    this is so helpful to beginner crafters like myself.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. Don't forget to share what you've been making on our Facebook page. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea and vintage look.

    ReplyDelete