Sunday, 23 November 2014

The Tivoli - not just for Christmas. Doda's apothecary drawers

This unit is called the Tivoli unit and is designed primarily to be used as an advent calendar but it can be decorated for use all year round too. I decided to give mine a vintage twist and just for fun made it into an apothecary style unit. It will find a use on my desk storing drawing pins, paper clips and other such small items.
I'm a little bit OCD, and so I always have to decorate the back to make it pretty too. I found some wonderful vintage printable advertisements for some rather dubious sounding medications!
Electricity..nature's chief restorer apparently! Sounds a bit scary if you ask me !
These units can be decorated in any way you fancy.  I added the little wooden drawer pulls for feet to further customise the unit.
I used my old favourite - tomato paste tube, to cut the letters with Tonic's new alphabet dies. I've used Tonic's 2 part crackle glaze all over this unit. I love the effect!
(And yes, I had to decorate inside too !)
Jodie is on Create and Craft right now (2-3pm ) and will be on again at 7-8pm, so don't miss the shows.

Have a lovely afternoon

Doda
x

See my original blogpost on my blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely project Doda, love, love, love what you have done x x x

    ReplyDelete