Friday, 21 November 2014

My first Tivoli Advent calendar - a post from Edna

Hello and welcome to the blog today.
I'm so excited and tickled pink at completing my first Tivoli advent calendar from Tonic Studios.

I've wanted something like this for ages!
It's a beautifully crafted and sturdy piece of furniture and it looks great!
I've taken several pictures of it from different angles to give you a good idea of the finished article and I must say that everyone who has seen it has loved it.

The carcass is really easy to assemble, the gorgeous Nuvo Paints have brilliant coverage and the accompanying dies make it so easy to decorate those little drawers too.
It is a very satisfying project to do and it's a gorgeous decorative item that will come out year after year.



Filling the little drawers is fun too. I've chosen some yummy Elizabeth Shaw choccies for mine - pity I can't actually eat any of them! 


My attempt at a decoration resulted from a lovely visit to the local nursery with a good friend and we had a great time searching out all the elements. The only things I already had in my stash were the jute and ribbons but with a little patience and a lot of hot glue it came together and I'm really chuffed with myself. :)


Every part of the unit is covered with matching chipboard pieces provided in your kit. I've glued the paper onto the chipboard, painted the edges with the gold Nuvo paint and adhered them to the carcass.
The paint goes on like a dream and you can apply as many coats as you like - I've just done two for mine.
The glue for assembling the unit comes in the kit.
Extras I have used are the Nuvo paints in red and gold
Tonic Christmas papers
Forever Moments pure matt adhesive to seal the unit
Gold matt card stock for the back plates and numbers on the drawers
Gathered twigs distress ink
Assorted embellishments
Oh! and scrummy chocolates too :) 

I hope you enjoy this one today. I know two little boys who can't wait to start their advent calendar!


Edna x

See Edna's original blogpost here.

4 comments:

  1. The two little boys won't need to wait for long, I feel this year is flying right past my eyes. Your advent Tivoli drawer unit looks beautiful Edna, hope mine turns out as lovely as yours!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cal. Wish me luck, we're going in this afternoon to make a start. They are really keen. I'm just not sure about letting them loose with pots of paint! :) x Edna

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous job Edna, looks absolutely amazing, great photos x x x

    ReplyDelete