Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Florals and Bows...new releases - a card from Edna


I've a wee sneak peek from tonight's Tonic Studio launch on Ideal World.
It's a POTD and there are some gorgeous dies in the release -
wonderful floral swirls and more delectable bows.


I've used the Dainty bow set for this card with the Amelia embossing folder and one of the decorative strip dies from the Gallant Gate collection.
The sentiment is from the Idyllic Delicate Drape embossing and die set


I made the card base with a sheet of A4 black card and layered the embossed sheet over that leaving a small border all the way round. I think it gives the card a little extra impact.
The antique gold card is from Anna Marie designs.
The focal point of the card was made using two of the Dainty bows tail dies that I cut down the centre and slightly extended. I then layered the others bows on top for lots of dimension.
I didn't have black paper for the inside of the bows so I used my black card stock. I found if I slightly curled each layer and then glued them together that they formed the bow without any crumpling. It's recommended to use a lighter weight paper if you are lining the bows but just take it gently and the card stock works very well too. :) 



I cut the border and curved the edges to make a banner type effect, added the debossed sentiment and some pearls to finish the card.

I hope you enjoy this one today.

Don't forget to join Jodie on Ideal World on Tuesday 28th October at 9.00pm and then on Create and Craft on Wednesday for the big reveal! 

Here's a taster for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment