Wednesday, 24 September 2014

New trellis Square die set with fancilful flutter - a card from Edna


Hello and good afternoon.
I hope you are enjoying the launch shows currently on Ideal World and Create and Craft today.
I've another sample card to show you where I've mixed and mingled the different Tonic products. 
I think this is why I love these dies so much as there are so many ways they can be used together.

Card stock - Craft UK scallop 8 x 8" card base
Hunkydory - Adorable Scorable
Tonic - Martha embossing folder; Fanciful Flutter keepsake die set; Trellis square die set
Ribbon - from stash


A sideways view to show the layers
I've quilted the silver mirri through the keepsake die for some added dimension



I hope you enjoy this one today.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm new to card making & am really enjoying the many ways to use the dies - love this set - but don't know what is meant by "quilted the silver Miri" - can someone explain please - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Thank you for leaving a comment. To quilt the bottom layer, in this case the silver mirri is quite straightforward. You need to cut the bottom layer and then the patterned layer and glue the two together. Place the die back over the top layer - you will feel it seating itself into place. Using whatever sandwich is relevant for your machine go ahead and emboss as normal. This has the effect of pushing the bottom layer up into the die cut and gives the quilted look. I hope this answers your question. x Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Linda for asking the question I wanted to know the answer to! Many thanks Edna I now understand it :)

    ReplyDelete