Saturday, 27 September 2014

A Stained glass effect card - from Edna


Good morning. Hope you are well and looking forward to a brand new day.

I've another of my Tonic samples from the Silhouette Scene Collections to show you today.
I couldn't pass up the chance to try some 'stained glass' effects in the frame dies.


Tonic - Silhouette Bride and Groom die sets; Affections Mr & Mrs die
Alcohol inks
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

It's a very simple card where I've cut out the three panels and then glued the frames on top.
I inked up a piece of acetate, cut it to size and adhered it to the inside of the card.
The bride and groom were cut out of the die and backed with silver mirri card and placed on either side of the windows.
I used the Mr & Mrs heart Affections die for the inside.

I hope this gives you another idea for using these gorgeous dies. 

Catch you soon and thank you for stopping by!

Edna

5 comments:

  1. An other wonderful Card! I like Tonic dies so much and i am happy that you give me another idea. Sorry about my bad english but i am from Austria/ Vienna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment Ludeke. Your English is great - far better than my German that's for sure. Haben Sie einen guten Tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edna this is great, wonderful idea lovely colours and so effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, and I'm a lady in waiting for the dies, they take a bit longer to get to Ireland, but I'll certainly be having a go at a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edna: what a beautiful card. Stained glass effects gave the card a new look and enhanced the details.

    ReplyDelete