Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Room decor canvas using Tonic's star bauble dies - an idea from Doda

I've used Tonic's very versatile star dies to decorate a canvas that would look lovely hanging in a baby's room. I took a 30cm by 30cm canvas and painted it with shades of blue acrylic paint. It took a couple of layers to get the depth of colour I was looking for. I then sprayed and splattered it with various colours of ink and paint to give it the look of distant galaxies.
The four smallest stars are snipped from 3d bauble die and my 8 year old daughter suggested that it should be the smallest star that got the sparkly crystals treatment.

Where the stars are I added a swoosh of glitter mod podge, the photos of the canvas do not show it as well as I would have liked. If the posty managed to get it there on time, you might see it on Create and Craft tonight! I wonder if the bad weather held it up at all.

Stay safe, stay inside, and watch Jo on Ideal World  tonight at 9pm.

Doda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment