Monday, 2 June 2014

Ring bearers pillow - an idea from Doda



If you follow this blog, then you probably have seen that I enjoy using my Tonic dies with Flock t shirt vinyl. Here I have used a white flock vinyl and ironed it onto white linen to make this pretty ring bearers pillow.  I buy my Flock vinyl from Ebay. It is really supposed to be used with a heat press, but I find that a firm press with a hot iron does the trick. 


When you are cutting the vinyl, do so with the die to the adhesive side (It looks kind of milky) as the die will easily cut through the vinyl, but not necessarily through the protective plastic that covers the flock. I have an xcut xpress die cutting machine that comes with a metal shim, so I finds it cuts through both layers easily, but if you don't have the metal shim, I think you'll find that you'll just be able to cut the vinyl. This is fine as you can easily pick out the bits you don't want and it works perfectly well.

What will you make with your dies?




1 comment:

  1. Oh, WOW - what inspiration. I am definitely going to find some of that flock - it looks amazing on that cute little ring pillow!

    ReplyDelete