Saturday, 7 June 2014

Quick & Easy Father's Day Card Idea from Dips

Happy Weekend - Dips here and today I want to share with you a really quick and easy Father's Day Card Idea.
Father's Day Rosette Card
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Indulgence Tea Party Square Base Die, Round Window Pour Me Die and Family Sentiments Die Pack, Scallop Circle Layering Dies, Grand Calibur, Super Trimmer 
Paper and Card: Linen card, Stardream
Embellishments: Crystal Rhinestones

I used the my Indulgence Tea Party Square Base Die to make my filigree card base, following my Filigree Card Base Tutorial (the link takes you to a step-by-step turtorial on how to create this look).   You could use any of the Verso Square Base dies to create something similar.  I used some topaz coloured crystal rhinestones to highlight the filigree design.
For the topper, I used the outer circle from the Pour Me dies. Then I cut a 3cm wide strip of card from the same card as I had used for the card base and scored it using the Super Trimmer to create a concertina fold.  The rosestte is created by simply glueing the two ends together, then pushing it flat and adhering to the card.  I covered the hole in the middle with a small scallop circle.

Finally, I used the Dad from the Family Members die set. One of the things I like about this die is that the letters are nicely chunky to be able to easily put 3D foam behind it.

Hope you all have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Love the card, sadly I lost my Dad 5 years ago, but I could swap that last die for a ' Happy Birthday' so the idea is good!

    ReplyDelete