Saturday, 14 June 2014

A Classic Dips' Card

My crafty friends say that they can spot one of my cards a mile off and I think that this is very much the case with this one - it is an absolutely classic Dips' card!

Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Indulgence Boudior Square Base DieScallop Circle Layering Dies, Grand Calibur
Image: Katy Sue Designs
Paper and Card: Linen card, Conqueror
Embellishments: Flatback pearls, handmade hat pins, mulberry flowers
If you've ever wondered about how to add a greeting to this style of card, take a look at how I've used mats and layers inside (below left) and on the back (below right) this card, using my scalloped layering circles dies and an Indulgence Affections die.

To make my filigree card base, I used my favourite Indulgence Boudior Square Base Die following my Filigree Card Base Tutorial. I find it impossible to use this die and not add flatback pearls to the cross-points.

For the topper, I used a Katy Sue Fabulous Fashion dress on a manequin design as my topper, which I then decopaged up another layer of just the dress.

I love mulberry cherry blossoms, so I used these as an accent along with a couple of handmade hatpins (I have a tutorial on how to create hatpins here).




Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card! It seems amazing that you can cut all that away, and it still has the strength to stand up!

    ReplyDelete