Friday, 7 March 2014

A Guest Post from blogger Edna Taylor


Hi there. Doda here. I'm delighted to introduce you to our guest blogger for today. 
Edna who blogs over at Another day, another card, was the well deserved winner of our recent Facebook competition. Today she is sharing with us a gorgeous card made using part of her prize booty. 

Over to Edna....

You may remember I won the Tonic Big Card making competition at the end of January. Well I was asked to do some blog posts using my prizes that would be used on the Blog Tonic page. I was totally thrilled to be asked, so today is the first of these posts and I have gone with a vintage feel to my card.

I've used the Rose Doily circle die set for the easel base and main panels
Tonic:  Embossing folder - RoseannaSensational sprigAntique label
Inka Gold - Old Silver 
Sentiment - Anna Griffin
Vintage images thanks to Alison



A sideways view of the card
The roses have been painted with Old Silver Inka Gold paint to add a little bling
Edges are inked with Gathered twigs distress ink, my new 'go to' brown. 


I would just like to thank Simon and the team at Tonic for the smashing prize I received. The folders and dies will certainly be well used and give me hours of crafting fun. 
If you haven't tried them yet, I would sincerely recommend them. They are a dream to cut and never need any wax paper or help to get out the die. 
I love the way they can turn plain card stock into something magical and I'm sure you will too.

Have a super day and thank you for calling in.

Edna





1 comment: