Wednesday, 12 March 2014

A 60th Birthday Card from Guest Blogger Edna Taylor


Today's card is for a 60th birthday and what a handy little die to have to hand!
Tonic comes up trumps again.

The card is 8 x 8" to give you an idea of dimension. 


Tonic Intrica Rose doily circle die and matching punch
Tonic dotty border die
Tonic butterflies and frond finesse swirls
Silver mirri card
Gems from stash


I have used one of the pop up dies for the insert and edged the pages with the beautiful Intrica border punch



A sideways view - the centre panel is raised onto 3D foam for dimension.
The rosette is made from a strip of card stock punched with the dotty border die, scored and folded and edged with faded jeans distress ink.

I love using plain card stock with mirri when I want a bit of pizazz on my card. :)

Thank you for calling in today. I hope you have a super day.

Edna

4 comments:

  1. Love the card, especially as I have the dies you used. Happy Birthday to Edna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lesley. :) I wish it was my 60th! I've a few more years under my belt sad to say. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, just noticed I listed the dotty border punch that I used for the rosette as the dotty border die. Sorry for the confusion. :) Edna x

    ReplyDelete