Saturday, 22 February 2014

Sweet 1, not Sweet 16!

Do you recognise the number die I've used on this Baby First Birthday card?
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Die Sets - Indulgence Window Boudoir Square Base, Scalloped Circles Layering, Indulgence Pop Sentiments Occasions, Monarch Arch
Stamp: Joanna Sheen House Mouse Digi Stamp
Colouring Mediums: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Promarker Pens
Paper and Card: Textured, Joanna Sheen's Elegance Satin
Embellishments: Polka Dot Ribbon, flatback pearls, rhinestone crystals
Did you spot that I've adapted the number '16' from my new Occasions Die Set, a couple of snips of the scissors and the '16' quickly turned into '1' - just perfect for little Lucia, and I filled the resultant gap with a butterfly from my Monarch Arch die set.  I really don't think you can tell that this wasn't a '1' all along - what do you think?

I also find it impossible to use the Boudoir base die without decorating the little circles with gems or pearls.  
I created the filigree card base using my Tonic Studios Indulgence Window Boudoir Square Base die set.  I intend to do a step-by-step tutorial on this soon, so keep checking back for my regular Saturday blog posts. I am really pleased with how lovely the effect is, what do you think?

For my photos of this card, I'd love to invite you over to my own blog, DipsDesigns, I'd love to see you over there too. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, I know I'm going to!


1 comment:

  1. A lovely card and clever use if the number die. I would never have thought of this

    ReplyDelete