Sunday, 2 February 2014

Let's Raise a Glass

My Dad spent a lot of his working life in the wine trade, so what could be more apt than this card, featuring Verdent Vines, for his birthday.  Cheers! 
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Gothic Square Die Set, Tonic Studios Gothic Border Punch, Tonic Studios Verdant Vines Die, Corner Rounder
Stamp: Stamps Happen Wine Collage
Colouring Mediums: Memento Black Ink, Promarker Pens, Flexmarkers,
Paper and Card: Creative Imaginations, Textured, Joanna Sheen's Elegance Satinr
Embellishments: Raffia, Buttons, Twine, Glossy Accents
The main image is stamped with a Wine Collage stamp by Stamp Happens - it's actually an oblong, but I just chopped off one end to make it square shape and mounted it onto a Gothic Square die cut mat (I think the Gothic set is great for cards for men or women).

 I used glossy accents over the glass bottles and wine glasses (quite difficult to pick up in the photograph).


My corners are (appropriately) cut using Tonic Studios Verdant Vines corner dies to echo the wine feel of the card, and topped one off with this grapes on the vine button that I've had in my stash for years.

The wine papers are also old stash, from Creative Imaginations, I think that they work really well on this card.  

Some raffia and buttons tied through with twine add so additional accenting to the card.

You can find more details and photographs of this card over on my blog, DipsDesigns, I hope you'll pop over for a browse around.


Happy Crafting!


 
 
 

1 comment: