Saturday, 18 January 2014

Perfect Squares & Circles

Hello everyone, Dips here with a great card idea if you have recently treated yourself (or are thinking of treating yourself) to the layering circles and square sets.



Card Recipe:

Paper and Card: Textured, Watch The Birdie, Stardream
Tools: Tonic Studios Scallop Layering Circles, Layering Squares, Everyday Sentiments, Ringlet Rest Butterfly Die, Grand Calibur
Embellishments: flat-back pearls,  zva crystal swirl, hatpins, mulberry flowers, double satin ribbon, pearl strand, crochet flower

I'd had this idea for a mosaic-style card as soon as I got my new layering dies, but instead of creating a set of mats and putting different toppers onto them, I used my dies to create a set of identical mini apertures and used different elements from some gorgeous Watch the Birdie double sided patterned papers to create the focal points.
So here's a couple of close up photos of a few of those apertures.  Here you can see where I've used just a snippet of a Zva Crystal Swirl and then echoed that with a trail of flat-back pearls leading to my Butterfly die-cut (from the Ringlet Rest die set).  
Pop over to my blog, DipsDesigns, to see a great tip on making sure that your apertures are all identically placed in your square diecuts, plus a quick tip for cutting the patterned mats.

On my blog, DipsDesigns, I also have several Step-By-Step Tutorials on how to custom make your own embellishments, such as Creating Simple Hatpins.



The beautiful images on Tonic Studios Watch the Birdie double-sided card pad was perfect for this project.  It also made for a very pretty insert when combined with the Happy Birthday die cut from my Everyday Sentiments die set.
Here's one final look at this card...


Have a great weekend and happy crafting!


3 comments: