Saturday, 25 January 2014

Of Mice and Mannequins!

Doesn't my stamped image work perfectly with my Tonic Studios Mannequin die - just sew nice! 
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Layering Squares and Scallop Layering Squares Die Sets, Mannequin Tag Die, Grand Calibur
Stamp: Crafter's Companion
Colouring Mediums: Memento Rich Cocoa Ink Pad, Promarkers, Distress Ink Pads (Antique Linen and Pumice Stone)
Paper and Card: Stardream, My Mind's Eye, Neenah
Embellishments: Lace, Double Satin Ribbons, Spool Button, Lace Doily, recycled MOP Button, Metallic Thread, flat-back pearls, hand-made Pearl Hatpins

My main image is Sewn with Love Makey Bakey Mice from Crafter's Companion, stamped onto Neenah card, and cut out with the oh-so-useful Tonic Layering Square dies using the off-the-edge technique so that the upper-most mouse and the top of the stamped mannequin poke off the top of the die cut edge. I coloured the image with Promarkers, paper-pieced the mannequin body with an off-cut of my patterned paper and then ink-dusted the edge of the image with a combination of Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress Inks.





I echoed the patterned paper piecing technique on my Mannequin Die Cut (one of my favourite dies of all time), and embellished the neckline with flat-back pearls.  

My mats and layers are some lovely My Minds Eye papers that I've had in my stash for quite a while, all cut with the new Tonic Studios Layering and Scallop Layering Squares Die Sets.

You can find more details and photos of this card over on my own blog, DipsDesigns.com

Please do leave a comment if you have any questions, or even just to say Hi, I do love to read them! Have a great weekend with lots of crafting.

2 comments:

  1. don't know if this is a duplicate, sorry, love the card got the die but will have to get the stamp, are you at NEC in March?xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card have the die's will try this one .hugs jan xx

    ReplyDelete