Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Butterfly T Shirt with the new butterfly layering dies


Do you like these butterflies on the t shirt I have just decorated? I love the shape of these. They are a die set I'm going to use time and time again. The butterfly layering dies have been used to cut flock vinyl which you iron on to the T shirt.  I added some hand stitching and sequins too just for a bit of bling. 

I find that my xcut xpress handles the vinyl very well because of it's metal shim, but it will also cut quite successfully with my Big Shot if I cut on the glue side of the vinyl. It doesn't cut all the way through the protective top layer, but that doesn't matter as you can peel off the bits you don't want and then the top layer is removed once you iron it on. 


Here it is being modelled by my older daughter. (I wish I was that slim). 

There will be plenty of posts on the blog for you to enjoy in the coming week. Look out for all the amazing samples the blog team have been making for inspiration on using the new products which I know you'll just have to treat yourself to.

See you again soon!



3 comments:

  1. Love it...even tho I am not a big fan of butterflies I do like these. can't wait to see more samples..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the vinyl on the ebosser? if so did it work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, no I haven't tried the ebosser. But you can buy the vinyl one sheet at a time on Ebay, so it's worth a try. Remember to cut on the slightly matt side which is the adhesive side. This way the vinyl cuts but not necessarily the acetate type top material - which doesn't really matter as this will be removed anyway.

      Delete