Sunday, 26 January 2014

An update from Alison

We`ve had a bit of a difficult time again, my Dad passed away last week. He never got over losing my Mother. After almost 50 years together it was an enormous wrench. At least now they are back together.

It`s not all been doom and gloom though. I am thoroughly enjoying settling into my new job at Tonic. I`m like a kid in a sweet shop, lol.

I`ve got a card and a frame to share with you today using the same die - EMILY frame die set.



The Forever Moments range from Tonic just lends itself to using vintage photographs. This one is another cutie. I`ve used an A5 card. The colour combination is not one I would normally use, but I took the colours from the photograph.
Cut a strip of card and punched both sides using the Regal Border punch. The Emily frame fits beautifully around this picture. I`ve finished off with a large bow and two of the small Tonic Layering Butterfly die cuts.



I painted the frame using acrylic paint. The baby image was cut out using Tonic Circle Layering dies and the pink layer behind was made using the Scallop Circle layering dies.
All this needed to finish it off was a couple of pearls.

It`s a horrible night here, wet & windy. So I`m going to light some candles, snuggle up in front of the fire and watch some TV.

Take Care
Hugs



9 comments:

  1. So sorry to read of your loss, Alison, my condolences to you and your family. Dips xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, so sorry to read about your Dad. Please pass my condolences to your family. I love Tonic products and have quite a few. Take care Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comments, Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Lovely cards, don't have those dies yet, just sorted 28 sets into my new folders, when are they going to be back please? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your loss it all sounds so familiar to me. Lost my Mum and my Dad didn't really ever get over her loss. Trouble is you put so much effort caring for the parent that is left you build a very close relationship and because of this the loss is always greater. It's been just over a 2 years since I lost my Dad and nearly 3 years since Mum left us and I still think about them everyday. Things will get easier though take one day at a time at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad but the fact that he is now with your mum must be of comfort to you.

    All I can say about both of your cards is WOW!! They are both stunning Allison.

    Your blog is fabulous. I am now following you via email.

    Take care Alison. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Alison so sorry to hear about your loss. But just think your mum and dad are back together again. I lost my mum 12 months ago and dads really struggling with out mum they were married 56 years. Now back to your cards they are stunning i too love these new dies you can do so much with them. Keep up the good work and keep them coming. Take care xxx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely messages, they are greatly appreciated.

    We're waiting for the folders to come back into stock Olive. I need to sort my dies out as well,so like you I'll need a few folders.

    Hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear your sad news Alison. Take care, and as others have said - mum and dad are together now. Keep crafting, it's helped me get through some very troubled times Karen

    ReplyDelete