Wednesday, 1 January 2014

A Poinsettia's For Life, not Just for Christmas!

Happy New Year, everyone, hope you have all had the sort of Christmas and New Year that you enjoy and love.  No doubt, your thoughts will soon be turning to putting away your Christmas crafty goodies for another year. However, don't be too quick to pack them all away.  In what is now becoming an annual blog-post for me, I'll restate that "A Poinsettia's For Life, not Just for Christmas"!  Look how I've used a PSX Poinsettia Stamp for a Get Well Card, instead of a Christmas Card.
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Indulgence Boudoir Square, Layering Circles, 10mm Corner Rounder, Super Trimmer, Grand Calibur 
Stamp: PSX
Colouring Mediums: Memento London Fog, Promarkers
Paper and Card: Oyster plain card, HOTP, Satin Elegance
Embellishments: lace, double satin ribbon, flatback pearls, crystal button, hand-made hatpins
This card uses a "stamp outside the frame" die-cut technique using the layering circle dies as well as decoupage.  I stamped my image twice onto Satin Elegance stamping card with Memento ink, leaving plenty of space around the first image, so that I could snip around the outer fronds and then seat my die under those fronds so as to not cut through them.

 
 
 
 
 
  

This is the first time I've used my Indulgence Boudoir Square die to create the lovely trellis mat detail.  I defy anyone to use this die and not be over-whelmed by the urge to add flat-back gems.  As this was a Get Well Soon card, I didn't want it to be too bling-y, so I used some lovely flat-back pearls this time.

My sentiment was computer generated and die cut with one of the label tags in the Butterfly Beautiful die set.

 
I have more pictures and details on this card over on my own blog DipsDesigns


Happy Crafty New Year to all fans of the wonderful Tonic Studios.  I'm looking forward to sharing lots of crafting ideas with you in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment